I read that quote and to be honest with you I thought it was funny. Then I thought about how I could use it in this post and I became pensive.....
Bill Shankly was a Scottish Footballer and Manager for Liverpool (that's soccer to us) - that statement wasn't even about American Football! But when I started to read about Bill Shankly it jumped out at me that he was born AND died in the month of September. Weird dot com!
The 12th anniversary of 9/11 is approaching. Media everywhere is already saturated with coverage, and the events of the Boston bombings will soon reemerge in it's wake. In a few short weeks all that will fade. Many will go back to remembering only once a year because life goes on. For many, time heals. For many time also puts one's guard down.
When the National Football League implemented the new Game Day Safety Policy the rumblings began. People felt it was too invasive, it would affect game attendance, it wasn't a true safety precaution, ladies couldn't be without a handbag, and the policy was ridiculous. It seemed as though our guard was down.
Regardless of what it means, change doesn't come easy for many - I get that. For me, it wasn't a big deal. In fact, I was pretty glad to see some of the safety precautions being fully implemented. I felt like this was long overdue.
Five things you might not realize about the new NFL Game Day Safety Policy
- They are not alone! Many college stadiums and other venues have the same type of policy. I saw a no backpack policy at a city grocery store the other day!
- The staff can be much quicker and more efficient which means you get the through the gate faster!
- There is a separate screening entrance for those with medical equipment and special medical needs.
- You can still bring your blanket into the stadium. Keep it unfolded and over your shoulder for screening.
- You can bring in your binoculars, phones and cameras so long as they are not in their own bag. This is not a restriction on items that fans have been able to bring into the stadium. It is only a restriction on the type of container used to carry items.
Make sure you know before you go! Get clear on all the NFL Game Day Safety Policies at NFL.com . #NFLAllClear
This is a compensated media promotion by Online Mom Media - all opinions are my own. "I'm not for sale but I can be rented" - Guy Kawasaki ( :P )