So true! For me a big portion what I DO use is all business. Office apps and email accounts. The rest is related to photographs. I can’t recall the last time I carried a real camera anywhere. I just don’t want to haul around a bunch of devices. So a smartphone with a quality camera, lots of cool features and access to quality apps galore is important to me.
As a Verizon Wireless Ambassador I’ve had the opportunity to check out devices and share how they fit into my real life. Below is a gallery of images I took with my most recent device, a Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone. These are photos in varying situations, no filter, no editing and obviously no resizing! Ooopsies!
I realize I'm no photographer but I love to learn how to take great photos and video using my smartphone. I want to be able to edit them easily but with quality results. Here are few of the android apps I downloaded to help me get started.
- Animoto - Easy video and photo sharing. Grab the item, customize, add music and share. I also like that you can grab photos that are already online. Free and paid versions as well as business pricing for realtors and the like.
- Paper Camera - This is all about cartoon and painting effects - not normally my thing. However, my crew is into art and animation so we're checking this out. Looks like social integration is still being worked on but this is for the kids so I'm not worried about that here.
- Magisto - Ahem! "Automatic" online video editor. It does all the work for you based on algorithms and analysis. They figure out what of your footage or images are most engaging and interesting and organize a story for you. Oh my cow I can't wait to work with this!
- Cymera - Fun fun and more fun. Automatic smart gallery organizes all your photos. What's not awesome about that. I can see how a scrapbooker would love this. Lots to see and do here - collages, fun decorations, brushes, filters, lenses, even makeup! Yes, selfie-holics real make up!
- Pic Say Pro - Real editor. Sharpen, remove red eye, crop & straighten, distort, insert cutouts
of other pictures, add text, word balloons, and much more. My biggest challenges are covered: fixing errors and resizing.
What photo, video, editing app are you exploring? Is there one you just can't live without? Sharing is caring - put it here!
* The title of this post is a song lyric, what song and who sings it?
All photographs taken with my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone - courtesy of Verizon Wireless #VZWBuzz All opinions are my own.